Fish Eagle AwardJuly 4, 2021 2021-07-30 11:00
Fish Eagle Award
Encouraging Development Of Our Learners
The Fish Eagle Award seeks to encourage and to acknowledge the holistic development of our learners. Very specific criteria have been set and have to be met by the participants in order to garner the Fish Eagle Award.
The following criteria must be met:
- Academic Achievement (compulsory)
Grades 8 and 9: average of 70% for terms 1, 2 and 3 OR 3 x 75% for any subjects for terms 1, 2 and 3 OR 70% year mark
Grades 10-12: average of 65% for terms 1, 2 and 3 OR 2 x 75% for any 2 subjects for terms 1, 2 and 3 OR 65% year mark
- Community Service – 16 hours (compulsory)
- Three of the following four categories must be chosen at the beginning of the year and successfully completed by the end of the third term:
- Fitness – which must be passed (after the initial qualifier) with 80%
- Cleaning a classroom once per week
- Environmental challenge – complete 11km Robberg Hike (after the initial qualifier) in 3 ½ hours OR swim from Beacon Isle to Wedge and back in 45 minutes
- Cultural – 3 different activities must be completed
- Display an art piece
- Publish an article
- Public speaking
- Perform in front of an audience
Three consecutive silver awards earn a gold award.
Five consecutive silver awards (together with additional leadership qualities) may earn a platinum award.
Many of our learners, over the years, have successfully completed this gruelling challenge – aiding their development; adding to their CVs; assisting them in successful applications to various tertiary institutions or widening career opportunities.
Opening New Opportunities For Your Child...